It wasn't fun, as a matter of fact it sucked.
Now let me go into more detail before I blow my top. It's the beginning of the week, and for me, the day in which I will begin to reach my goals. The main goal on my list is the weight gain(see last post).
So I am late, speeding like a maniac so I can get to math on time, usual Monday. I pass by world health club and I make a mental note to stop by after school to see if maybe a membership there would be a better choice instead of the weight room at school.
Fast forward 7 hours later, I am being sat down at a desk in front of some woman. Seemed cool at first, I was interested in trying out the gym.
Fast forward ten minutes later, I'm signing a contract committing myself to $59.99 a month for membership but hey I was saving $200 by not paying a registration fee!
I suck at resisting sales associates. They force a piece of paper in my hands and I have to sign it. Then I try and worm my way out of it:
"Hmm, you know what I think I better wait and think about this"
She plows
Why? Don't you want to accomplish your goals?"
For some reasons sales associates break me down, I abandon the "I am always right" rule:
I think "Maybe she's right, what am I waiting for?"
She goes kino, grabbing my arm:
"Come on let's go and take a look around the gym!"
I go get changed, work out. I call Futureshop and find out that I start Sunday I begin to think that maybe I can afford this. I was backwards rationalizing now.
She was gaming me, and she was fucking mPUA
Fast forward one more time, this time two hours later. I decide this is bullshit. My goals are about the pursuit of happiness, this did NOT make me happy. I did NOT want to pay $720 a year so I could simply push some weights around. This was about doing what I wanted.
I found the loophole in my contract, for once being 17 helped me. I call, I cancel, and I am happy.
I learned, this time just to say fucking no! I can't let down my guard because someone is trying to sell me something. I am putting them on a pedestal when I am the buyer, they are the seller and besides, I just kick ass.
I AM THE PRIZE
I will still accomplish my goal, but I will make sure I am happy doing so.
So here is to learning a lesson:
Fuck You World Health Club
Peace,
Burgundy
1 comment:
Lucky you being 17... I'm a month away from being done my year contract after being sucked into that shit. Barely use WHC too. Worst investment I ever made (or at least the most poorly utilized).
Post a Comment